InteractSimple - Initial thoughts
We are conceptualizing on a product (most code will be opensource) to help simplify interaction within enterprise by bringing all official communication into searchable, tagged chat history. This post is to summarize the initial thoughts around it.
As can be seen from the mindmap above, InteractSimple product contains following dimensions
- Types of messaging
- Direct Messages – This is the normal one-to-one chat which is useful for communication between individuals
- Private Groups – This is basically group chat where the communication is kept private and can’t be accessed without authorization
- Public Rooms – This is basically public room where anyone can enter and participate in the discussion
- Features of messaging
- Team – Discussions between team members
- Content – Discussions around content
- Search – Searching messages, content & team members
- Integration, customization & api – The platform should have robust api to enable both integrations as well as enable customization and extendibility for developers.
- Open source & commercial license – The core product will be available as open source while the premium features will added to the commercial version.
Ejabberd and Prosody both are scalable and extensible XMPP servers which can be used for building such a product, but based on our expertise in Erlang, we are going to build it on Ejabberd. More thoughts and updates on progress will be added going forward.